[thelist] RE: IE search bar

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Fri Nov 12 18:39:54 CST 2004

Message from Andrew Clover (11/12/2004 01:44 PM)
>>Possibly not?
>>http://www.spy-bot.net/MySearch.asp
>
>Indeed, that's almost certainly what it is.
>
>Please don't take that site's word as gospel though; their content is
>copied from my site without permission and re-used as a shill for Spyware
>Nuker. This is one of an increasing number of 'rogue' anti-spyware
>applications, controlled by a company that itself writes, distributes and
>controls spyware.

Andrew,

It was disconcerting seeing the number of "shady" sites with long
hyphenated urls showing up in google's results, I certainly wondered how
many were legit and how many were peddling misinformation. But that's the
only one I found with anything useful to say about that particular piece of
spyware.

What's your site? The one in your sig?

FWIW the only spyware *tools* I'd trust are ad-aware and spybot s&d and
possibly hijack-this.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/