[thelist] Link Rating System - Revisited

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Fri Nov 12 08:49:45 CST 2004

I come to you today as a consultant,

One of my clients wants a link rating system so that she can remove the
links that aren't clicked on. I told her that she can basically look at the
Web traffic logs and determine that same result.

However, after looking at the cpanel interface, the list of URLS is only a
top 10 list. AND at that, it references graphics too.

(long sentence) Rather than make more work for myself and build this
intricate link rating system with hundreds of little 1 -> 5 dropdown menus
or whatever my choosing, is there a better way to approach this and still
give the client what she wants as far as link popularity goes?

Thanks,

Rob Smith