[thelist] RegExp in ASP for validating e-mail and URLs?

Peter Bornhall bornhall at ansbjer.se
Mon Nov 15 00:32:24 CST 2004

Hey again, everyone...

It makes me sad to see that some of you seem to think that I want to do
something "nasty" with this, but I guess it's just a sign of the times...:-|

Either way, I can't do much more than say that this will NOT be used in
any malicious way whatsoever.  I'm only looking for an efficient way of
automatically making URLs into links in a little CMS-like thingy on a
web site I maintain.  Reason?  I feel like I don't want to bother my
visitors with learning how to enter an URL that other visitors can click
on.  I'm pretty sure that I *could* do this brute-force, but I'm not
looking to bog down the server more than necessary, which is why I
thought of regular expressions.

As I mentioned to Alex, who responded and was willing to help, this is
not for any commercial purposes, as it is intended to be used on the
site at www.bikesight.com (all in Swedish though), which is a non-profit
community for swedish bikers to share tips and mingle online.

If you still think I'm a spammer of some sort, it's up to you.  I can't
do much to prove that I'm not (I'm not, btw :), so this is how I present
my case to the court in anticipation of the verdict.

Regards,
Peter Bornhall
Webmaster of www.bikesight.com