[thelist] running two websites on same IIS server

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Tue Nov 16 13:36:52 CST 2004

> Agreed, but for this application (intranet and publicly available),
> using separate NICs and ip addresses is a security best practice :)

Yup. Especially if the Intranet is an A record, which means that the domain
name is registered so that if I need to get to it from "my home pc" I could.
This usually requires a static IP address assigned to it via a fully
qualified domain name. That common name is required by issuers of the
secured certificates (SSL). It's probably best to assign an IP at least to
the Intranet.

Rob