[thelist] user perception

Scott Dexter dexilalolai at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 15:00:43 CST 2004

(Sorry to say, but I love problems like this :) Yes, I'm a nerd)

> > Also, you could move the login requirement to /after/ the
> submission,
>
> I thought for a minute this would be a great idea, but then
> remembered
> that this would also mean content managers wouldn't have access to
> all
> the other features they should, including a list of documents
> waiting to
> be approved. Too bad :(

Well, they wouldn't see it until they logged in. So place a separate
"Login now" page somewhere easily found (like this one already in
place), and if the user isn't logged in, put up the after-submit
login prompt (and then keep them logged in so they can do their other
business). I'm saying do both. Have the regular login page (but don't
bug guests with it, just have a permalink to it in the margin er
something), and popup a login on submission (if not already logged
in). I think that would cover the bases, no?

> Maybe this is just one of those problems that doesn't have a
> satisfactory solution, aside from emailing an

Nah, there's always /something/ workable. That's why I do this stuff
instead of selling tires....