[thelist] RE: switch from IE to Firefox?

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Tue Nov 16 18:17:37 CST 2004

> I hate PDF files that are not labelled as such, so when I click on a
> file, I  get the Adobe message to accept or decline, then I decline, and
> my computer  freezes up, and the damned program keeps trying to run on my
> computer, so I  have to shut it down just to stop the freaking thing.

Well, given you're about to switch to Firefox, do I have the perfect
solution for you!

Install the TargetAlert extension (http://www.bolinfest.com/targetalert/)
which automatically goes through each page when it loads and, if it detects
a link to a PDF, auto-inserts a weeny little PDF icon next to the link, so
you never get surprised. Works for a bunch of other file types too, as well
as mailto: links.

Paul