[thelist] css is not loaded with page in Firefox

Matt Tibbits metibbits at yahoo.ca
Thu Nov 18 08:33:05 CST 2004

It is just a static file...nothing dynamic.

I am waiting right now for the "admin" to do a complete reboot of the
server. I've tried simply restarting Apache with no change.

I can imagine that it does look pretty ugly in Netscape 4.7. I was
@importing the style sheets, but I read somewhere that some servers have
trouble with this method. When you use a <link> tag it forces the server to
load that path and all related files...so I changed all my stylesheet
callups from @import rules to <links>. In the end it didn't make any
difference...so I will go back to my @import rules.

I should also mention that there is another site on this server that works
perfectly. The URL is: http://www.dimetech.ca

The site that is not working is a sub-domain, which was just configured this
week. This was setup as a Virtual Host on the Apache server. I wonder if
this could be causing a problem? Maybe I made a mistake in the virtual host
config?

Matt

Chris Hayes wrote...

<snip></snip>

I imagine that your CSS file is a static file and not doing anything fancy
with php or the like?

But I would reboot first  if there were intermittent errors like this.  I
can't see how the CSS or html code itself is at fault.  I guess it works on
other servers.

And least likely, you might have found an odd bug in FF.

Michael Pack wrote...

<snip></snip>

Oh and I have an install of Netscape 4.7. If you think you may have any
users with that browser you may want to @import the style sheet. The styles
load and it's NOT pretty : ).