[thelist] Java Question

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 16:25:52 CST 2004

It's been quite some time since I did any java (and I was always only a beginner). Anyway, just
doing a hello world thing but getting an error. I have the jdk1.3.1_03 installed.

My little program is:

class Hello
{
   public static void main(String args[])
   {
      System.out.println("Hello World");
   }
}

Compiles just fine. However when I run it (java Hello) I get:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: hello

Searching on the net says this happens when you have a lowercase filename/class but I don't have
that - both the filename and the class name are "Hello". Any ideas?

Tom

=====

http://www.pixelmech.com/

Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why.