[thelist] Better Printing

Hershel Robinson Hershel at GalleryRobinson.com
Thu Nov 18 11:49:15 CST 2004

thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org wrote:
> You might want to try developing a printer friendly style sheet.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I already use

@media print

for the CSS and I also use the JavaScript events onbeforeprint and
onafterprint to change certain aspects of the page itself for printing
purposes.

The problem is that one can not, to the best of my knowledge, using the
browser's printing ability alone achieve the two features I mentioned in my

<quote> customized headers and footers on each page and full control of
placement of certain elements on the printed page.</quote>

Hershel