[thelist] RE: link spam a new spam

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Thu Nov 18 18:25:47 CST 2004

On Friday 19 November 2004 00:37, ANDREA STREIGHT wrote:
> You're reading an article on a subject of interest to you, in my case it
> was Seniors and Internet Dangers.
Very fitting...

> I see a blue underlined hypertext link. When I hover my cursor over it, lo
> and behold, the link destination is totally unexpected, and basically
> undesirable. The destination has nothing to do with the article or what I'm
> researching.
So you didn't get around to installing Firefox yet?
Sounds like you have a system infected with spyware, or it is Microsofts own
spyware thingy where they highlight words to link to their paying
subscribers.

If you are unsure about changing your OS, at least change your browser to
alleviate this problem.

> I wonder what reactions I'll get to this?
Mostly from people who should be getting some work done but can't seem to
concentrate on the job at hand because it's far to late I suspect...

Richard