[thelist] Better Printing

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Fri Nov 19 06:14:52 CST 2004

M. Seyon wrote on 2004-11-19 04:28:
> 2. Explain to your client that the Internet isn't a paper-based medium.

While this is true, and not so long ago you would have heard me saying
the same, now I'm tempted to say: The WWW should, and is going to, be
device independent [0], and a printer is one device among others.

IMO this kind of printing problems are possible to deal with CSS,
especially as in this case the result does not have to be consistent
across multiple browsers. Not knowing the exact details, but if you can
construct a pdf-document looking right, there should be no problems
creating a (X)HTML/CSS document looking right.

And as nobody asked, I'll not answer to the question: "How do you find
sites, that work only on one particular piece of software, fitting in
the big picture of the web?"

.k

[0] http://w3c.org/2001/di/#waDI