[thelist] Announcing WebDevNews.com

Scott Dexter dexilalolai at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 08:01:12 CST 2004

http://webdevnews.com/colophon.php

FINALLY!

With thanks to my short stint in print publishing (read: Yearbook
class my senior year of high school. Hey, I was the Photo Editor and
all), I've always wanted websites to have a colophon. Now I suppose
the security argument could be made, but I think it's really
informative to include this kind of information.

And I haven't noticed any glaring grammatical mistakes. Could the
person who griped about the grammar please identify example(s)?

My only nit is the lack of set-off between body text and links.
Consumer Reports does it too, and it's an impedance to be hunting
around with the mouse looking for links. Other than that, it's clean,
quick, and quick-hitting. Nice job for only three pizzas :)

But on a business perspective, what's different here than, say,
slashdot, or evolt.org even? A semi-rhetorical question to Chris and
Samir --Why would I go here instead of somewhere else?