[thelist] Single Window in Firefox 1.0

Matthew Lewis matthewhse at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 08:35:10 CST 2004

The SingleWindow or TabBrowser Preferences (or even TabBrowser
Extensions) extension will do what you want.  I think they even handle
target="_blank", but if not, add the following to your user.js file:

// disable target="_blank" (open in same window):
user_pref("browser.block.target_new_window", true);

Unfortunately this doesn't work with Gmail links; I always
middle-click those to get a new tab.