[thelist] How to showcase my portfolio on paper

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Tue Nov 23 07:54:51 CST 2004

Tim Burgan wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> I'm wondering the best way to make my website and graphic design
> (software packaging, brochures, business letterheads/cards) portfolio
> and make it look good on paper.
>
> Are there any tricks to taking screenshots of the websites and making
> them stand-out on paper? And similarly for images of my graphic design
> jobs?

Well, not on screenshots specifically, but if you are going to be
printing, make sure its on heavy stock paper.  Sometimes, the ink bleeds
through/smudges on the "normal" paper that's common in printing shops.

You could then cut the printed shot (in the heavy stock paper) and then
attach it to a larger sheet and maybe highlight any features.

If its photos -- you could try printing it on the special glossy photo
paper.

Sorry, probably not what you wanted.