[thelist] Drupal vs Typo3

Anton Raath socket0 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 02:31:22 CST 2004

> Typo3 [1] can be very complicated for a begginers (templates are very
> hard to understand, typo script even harder). I see that evolt will
> switch to Drupal. What do you think about Drupal ad what about Typo3?

I've never used Drupal, but a few months ago a client requested a site
using Typo3. Building a reasonably basic website wasn't that much of a
problem, but of course if you wanted a basic site you wouldn't be
using Typo3.

Accommodating exceptions in Typo3 turned out to be a real bugger, for
example displaying the first two levels of navigation on the left side
of the page for all sections, but displaying a third level of
navigation on the right for some sections only. Ten minutes of work in
PHP or Perl, but involving a very steap learning curve in Typo3. It's
an impressive system, with impressively powerful features, but I
wouldn't recommend it unless you have the time to experiment and do
research.

A!
anton l. raath    Connecting on socket0 since 1996