[thelist] Simple form based ftp

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Wed Nov 24 18:02:33 CST 2004

I would ask why you need to get the file to the SQL Server?

Do you want to then load it into SQL Server? If so, can you upload the file
to the webserver, and then use a sproc to load the data into SQL Server?

Cheers
Ken

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On
: Behalf Of Karen Longstaff
: Subject: [thelist] Simple form based ftp
:
: I am building a sample application that would normally run over an intranet
: in an internet environment, so the normal file system commands I would use
: are not available.
:
: I need to be able to ftp a file to a server which is an sql server rather
: than the web server that is hosting the page. I have FTP access to the SQL
: server.
:
: I want the user to be able to use a form to browse to a file (that bit I
can
: do!) and then on submit the file should be FTP'd to the sql server. I have:
: the server IP, the directory structure I want to FTP to, the user name and
: the password.
:
: Is there a simple script (I'm not a techie) that I can use to do the FTP?
:
: The application is SQL/ASP based.