[thelist] RE: ad help

Steven Streight vaspersthegrate at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 17:10:57 CST 2004

I think a person has to be self-assured, indifferent
to hostility, and never take anything personally on a
discussion list, forum, blog, or any other interactive
online service.

As a consultant, I have to use a lot of "you might
consider possibly trying..." or "could you explain why
you made the decision to use a ..." type language, yet
being direct and forceful at times: "this [whatever]
is garbage, anti-user, non-credible, opposed to the
fundamental philosophy of the web, [etc.] without
bending over backward to be nice and diplomatic.

I've posted questions I thought were valid and of
potential value to others, and got no replies at all.
I'd rather get a "you idiot" than nothing, or
insincere flattery.

I'd rather have discussion forum/list replies be
harsh, than do something that angers actual
customers/users.

Always remember that.

P.S. all those posts from "ANDREA" were actually from
"Steven" and now, by switching to this email program,
I think I'll have less confusion. Sorry for taking so long.

=====
Steven Streight

www.vaspersthegrate.blogspot.com
www.streightsite.blogspot.com