[thelist] backup plan

evolt at mccullough-net.com evolt at mccullough-net.com
Tue Nov 30 08:17:53 CST 2004

I'm needing to work on a plan for backing up files and documents.  These files
and documents have to be available so for redunancy we are looking to mirror
the backup system with an equal system at another facility.  Since we are
looking at > 750GB of storage, we are looking at significant cost, both
hardware and software.  We have looked at Windows NFS solution, Computer
Associates, and Veritas.  I'm trying to see if there is a cheaper Linux based
alternative.  Like using RSYCN and some other tools to accomplish the same
thing.

Any thoughts or experiences?