[thelist] Remote PC Program recommendations?

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 08:59:38 CST 2004

At 14:40 on Tuesday, 30 Nov 2004, evolt at weeb.biz wrote:

> Tony Page wrote:
>
>> Incidentally, if any of you guys in the UK can tell me whether I should
>> go
>> with Tiscali or BT ADSL I'd be grateful. Mega-speed is unnecessary, but
> I'd
>> rather not shell out too much a month and it appears Tiscali is
>> cheaper...

> Zen ADSL ( http://www.zen.co.uk/ ) are the company I have used most,
> their
> technical guys seem knowledgable, their service is fast and reliable and
> best of all (if you want it) they will give you a static IP, eliminating
> the need for Dynamic DNS.
>
> Well that's my €0.02 worth, hope it has been of some help

I'd add my vote for Zen and endorse the Anti-BT sentiment.

Home 250 is available from Zen at 17.99 per month if download speeds
aren't an issue (only 256kbps)  home 500 is slightly more expensive at
24.99 per month (the full adsl 512/256 down/up) which seems to be the same
as the tiscali offerring, static multiple IP addresses and knowledgeable
support team make Zen the better choice IMHO

watch out for cheaper capped services (limited monthly bandwidth).

hth