[thelist] SharePoint - Lost Web Part

Welch, Michael J. michael.welch at mitretek.org
Wed Dec 1 13:32:10 CST 2004

I've just started using Microsoft SharePoint and have already lost data.
On the Home Page there are a series of "Web Parts" (purple bars that
begin sections).  At the far end of this bar is the ubiquitous "x" to
Close the window/component - hovering over it even reveals the test
"Close".  I "Closed" a Web Part thinking naively(?)  that I could go
somewhere to recall the Web Part (otherwise I'd give it a fancy label
like DELETE).

So now that Web Part is gone and I can't find it anywhere.  Can it be
recalled, and if so, how?

Many thanks!

Mike

michael.welch at mitretek.org