[thelist] Bug or Feature?

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Fri Dec 3 11:32:32 CST 2004

First off, I'm not actually referring to an iframe; I'm creating a
similar effect using *object* with an html page as the data.  I don't
know if this applies to iframes or not.

IE is on default settings, so changing that is unfortunately not a
valid solution to me -- as my rule is that pages should "just work" for
the average user, and the average user uses default security settings.

A page on my c:  drive can embed a page on an internet server
somewhere, but a page being served from one server (even a local one)
can not embed a file on another server somewhere else.

The update to this is that I managed to recreate the outside
functionality directly on my page -- basically by rewriting it all >:(
  -- but I would love to find a fix for this for future reference.

Again, Thanks.

Steve