[thelist] Pop-up from an email

David Siedband technique at oceanicsky.com
Sat Dec 4 19:39:22 CST 2004

> Personally, I expect email to "act like email," and that means
> passive.  I am
> annoyed by what I perceive as "gimmicky", especially when it pops up
> unexpectedly.  And that is how I would react to your pop-up.

Maisha is asking about a way to craft a link (delivered in e-mail)
that, when clicked, will display both a calendar and the a selected
event.  I answered her question, identified some of the problems with
javascript pop-up windows, and suggested a CSS based (floated divs)
approach.

Can you clarify what you're suggesting?

> Please don't take this wrong.  I think you are pushing the envelope in
> direction that IS the future.

Pop-up windows are the future?  The trend seems to be towards pop-up
blocking.
--
David Siedband
generation-xml.com