[thelist] RE: Deleted the "Your web site" post

aardvark evolt at roselli.org
Sun Dec 5 22:17:24 CST 2004

steven,

the message was just one of the billions of virus spam we all get
peppered with every day...

since the evolt list address can be spidered by email harvesters, it's
just a matter of time before one of the forged 'from' addresses matches
the address of someone on the list...

it didn't come from dean, or even his hemisphere, but because his
address is subbed, it's allowed as a valid post...

however, thelist software strips attachments... if your mail client
still showed an attachment, i can assure you that all it was was the
standard list footer at the bottom of the email (not all mail clients
will show it as an attachment in this circumstance)...

so, please don't fault dean, and take some comfort that viruses are
being stripped (not that you should open them, regardless)...

if you have any other questions, you can ask me offlist and i'll be
happy to help...

Steven Streight wrote:
> Why did I receive an email with an attachment from the
> evolt list? Was the attachment necessary?
[...]