[thelist] Another submit button for cancel

apathetic apatheticgenius at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 09:43:00 CST 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:55:55 -0000, Bird, Graham
<Graham.Bird at rspb.org.uk> wrote:
> My current idea is to have a second submit button (valid under W3C specs)...
> and send the user back to the page they came from if the submit value =
> "Cancel".
> Is this a good idea, or am I stumbling blindly into a world of pain?

There's no problem with this as long as your server side scripting
handles both values correctly.

Alternatively, you could simply add a button with some Javascript to
send the user to the previous page (if the cancel button only needs to

<input type="button" onclick="window.history.back()" value="Cancel" />

Tim

--
Elaborate - Free PHP/MySQL wiki engine
http://www.apatheticgenius.com/projects/elaborate/