[thelist] Optimising ASP/HTML

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Thu Dec 16 06:01:04 CST 2004

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-
: bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of M. Seyon
: Sent: Thursday, 16 December 2004 10:15 AM
: To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
: Subject: Re: [thelist] Optimising ASP/HTML
:
: Message from Andreas Wahlin (12/15/2004 06:24 AM)
: >I've just performed some extremely unscientific tests. I was wondering
: >how I could optimise output and rendering performance. The test was
: >conducted with asp and IE (because most people use that, I also did
: >quick checks in FF)
: >
: >First I thought that it would be faster to assemble all output into one
: >variable and ther print it to the page
:
: I think this has been done before. I remember coming across this a few
: years back.
: http://www.adopenstatic.com/experiments/stringconcatenation.asp

To add to that - ensure that Response Buffering is on (it's on by default on
IIS5 and IIS6, but you'd need to use Response.Buffer = True in IIS4)

Cheers
Ken