[thelist] Make Hidden Process Visible

Arthur Maloney ArthurM at seipas.com
Sat Dec 18 08:00:29 CST 2004

Hello Ken,

Saturday, December 18, 2004, 12:33:09 PM, you wrote:

KS> Based on the limited information supplied, I would guess that the problem is
KS> that the user context in which you are invoking notepad.exe is not the
KS> interactive user. Notepad.exe is most likely running under Machine\ASPNET
KS> which isn't the account you are logged on as (which is the desktop etc that
KS> you are seeing).

KS> Now, why would you want to open a CSS file in Notepad is my question...

KS> Cheers
KS> Ken

Ken Thanks for your comments
I am indeed using  Machine\ASPNET
Before coming to list I gave it full admin rights
Bearing your comments in mind,
I  set anonymous access to my normal user account on the laptop.

Same as before - The process is created and is there but not visible (process
shows status WaitWrUserRequest)

interactive user  ?? not come across this terminology before. Is there a way to set it ??

The editor I am actually using is EditPadPro
I used notepad in to emphasize that all I want to do is start a text editor and open
a text file.

Behind the scenes I have converted an SqlServer database to an XmlModel run
Xsl transforms on it, to produce sql script,a c# classes plus various other things. All
these are text files and have been written to filesystem on my laptop.

It works fine, if manually navigate to them and open EditPadPro or TextPad or
UltraEdit (the three I actually use) or notepad for that matter  they open up
fine.

I just want to do it with code.

--
Best regards,