[thelist] Site check / critique...

D Ross dross202 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 18 23:58:19 CST 2004

Hi all,
I was referred to this list for help and opinions.

I'm fairly new to web design but have been a graphic designer for a few
years. Graduated with a degree in design about 2 years ago.
So, I am venturing into web design and have began getting some web
design freelance jobs.

I've been working on a website for a restaurant:
http://www.davidrossdesign.us/oscars/

I received some really good ideas from the css-d list but thought I'd
come here for any other ideas.

First, I know the css could be a LOT better...I havent figured out
relative positioning yet, so I use almost all absolute right now.
I realize that if the user enlarges the fonts that there will be some
problems but for now absolute will have to do.
I use Dreamweaver mx 04 by the way for most of the coding..I know a
little by hand and learn more every day.
I'm going to be playing around with relative tomorrow and learning it.

So, go ahead and tear up my site if you like...I could do a better job
but for what I'm getting paid I dont have hours upon hours to make this
site perfect.
Although, I have spent a TON of time on it already.

You'll notice the menu page scrolls horizontally...I've heard it could
be confusing to the end user but I dont think it will take a brain
surgeon to figure it out.
I wanted the page to be more like a real menu and I like to take chances.

Thanks for any ideas/info...

-David