[thelist] FORMs question

Rosalie Sennett rsennett at brainlink.com
Sun Dec 19 15:46:55 CST 2004

If you use "disabled" it turns off the function of the textarea, and that
isn't what you're looking for, since you want to use the value.

You want it to be read-only an dyou want the textarea invisible.

Here's how you do it.

<!--
#taQuestionBox {
	background: transparent;
	border: 0px solid #FFFFFF;
	overflow: visible;
	scrollbar-face-color: transparent;
}
-->
</head>

<textarea name="Question" id="taQuestionBox" cols="20" rows="5"
readonly="readonly">This is the first Question</textarea>

A css validator may complain about the background:transparent (since it
expects a hex value there) and the scrollbar-x-x attributes are not standard
either.

However... they work in IE and I think OPERA too... so depends up on how
well you know your constituents.

Rose Sennett

c:/dos
c:/dos/run