[thelist] iMac Toast?

Rosalie Sennett rsennett at brainlink.com
Sun Dec 19 16:08:01 CST 2004

Sounds like your PRAM battery has bit the dust.

That means... that all the power in the world won't help, 'cause without
that, your iMac is brain dead inside... flatline...

However... like Xena, your iMac loves you Gabrielle, and she'll come back to
you.

Ehem...

Sorry... my mind was wandrin'...

You can check here:

http://www.macworld.com/2001/10/bc/howtoimac/

for instructions about how to perform surgery...

however... this is nothing like working on a PC... the mac components are
extremely delicate (read: light weight and flimsy... and I mean that in the
best possible way...) and you have to be super careful.

Better to bring it to a repair shop and authorize them to ONLY replace the
battery.  Also, each generation of mac computer seems to have a slightly
different requirement for these batteries. I think... that this one is a
3.6v lithium battery... but it would be annoying to get something and find
that it isn't right.

Bring this one in, and give clear instructions about how far you're willing
to go to raise the dead.

Regards,

Rose Sennett

c:/dos