[thelist] ASP FSO problem.

Rosalie Sennett rsennett at brainlink.com
Mon Dec 20 00:58:49 CST 2004

> Now that you mention it when I added IUSR_MACNAME to the list in the
> Security tab (and gave it full perms), it didn't prompt me to apply the
> changes to any folders, subfolders, files etc...  Should it have?  I'm
> using this drive (M:) as it's only my games drive. I was just a bit wary
> of changing/adding permissions to my other drives as they are critical.

Since you're having trouble with getting file size on the folders in the
root , the checkbox for child folders (which are working, right?) should
have no effect (but it couldn't hurt).

> Should I be adding the IUSR account using the "Advanced" button on the
> security tab?

When you click on the advanced button, go to the Effective Permissions tab
and enter in the id's you want to check. It will show you in detail what
permissions that ID has.

If you're giving full permissions, the only thing I can think of that might
be happening is that there is some policy set regarding permissions in the
root directory of secondary disk drives that is overriding your 'full
permissions' entry.

Someone with more sysadmin experience will have to walk you through that.

Here's the step by step for debugging filemon.exe
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;890960&spid=6351

otherwise you'll go blind... lots of info...

Best of luck,

Rose