[thelist] ASP FSO problem.

Craig cd-ml at aardvark.net.au
Mon Dec 20 08:14:26 CST 2004

> Keep in mind that reading the .size property of a folder object triggers a
> full recursive scan to generate the total size in that folder...  you must
> have permissions to EVERYTHING in that folder or it will blow you off.
> This is troublesome on a root folder, as Windows tends to create some
> things with odd rights, particularly the swap file and recycler stuff.

:)   spot on, thanks!  I could kick myself, I should have put that together
myself.  Thanks to Rose and Ken as well for pointing me to Filemon, as this
is reporting that the permission denied is happening due to the recycle bin
on that drive.  Is there any way to delete a recycle bin on a drive?  or
even disable it on the drive altogether?

Thanks,

Craig.