[thelist] jump menu form question(s)

apathetic apatheticgenius at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 09:34:31 CST 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:18:24 -0500 (GMT-05:00),
bgilbertnc at mindspring.com <bgilbertnc at mindspring.com> wrote:
> I am creating a jump menu form, and when you click the little down arrow, the menu
> choices rise up above the menu instead of below it like I want. How can I correct this?

This is usual behaviour when the select box is near the bottom of the
page, and there is no way to "correct" it without moving it higher.

> Also, how can I have the default text inside the form be 'menu name' instead of being the
> first jump to choice??

Add an empty option as the first item in the select box:

<option value="" selected="selected">menu name</option>

Tim

--
Elaborate - Free PHP/MySQL wiki engine
http://www.apatheticgenius.com/projects/elaborate/