[thelist] RE: asp.net: Why won't InitialValue work

Casey Crookston casey at thecrookstons.com
Wed Dec 22 21:44:58 CST 2004

> ASP RegularExpressionValidator control will validate on the client if it
is
> an 'uplevel' browser - IE 5.5+, all other browsers will post back for
> validation on the server.

Thanks, but this doesn't help me solve the problem at all.  I would like to
offer the user an example of how the date format should be, and make it a
required field, and validate the format.  My question is, how come when I
use InitialValue in the RequiredFieldValidator does it no longer make it a
required field?  The original post is below.

Thanks,

Casey