[thelist] pdf display settings on web server

chris hardy lists at semioticpixels.com
Tue Dec 28 13:28:26 CST 2004

Hi Joel,
it sounds to me like one server is returning dynamic content and the other
is returning static content.

Static content is passed directly to requesting client, dynamic content is
processed (or in this case, retrieved and loaded) before it's passed to the
client. Usually, on a server passing dynamic content, you'd want some
caching turned on at the server level to reduce resource burden.

So, I'd search on dynamic v. static + whatever webserver you're using (iis
or apache?) and I'd also search on server caching.

hth

chris
http://www.semioticpixels.com