[thelist] Error: Operation must use an updateable query.

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 22:43:34 CST 2004

Casey,

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:02:28 -0600, Casey Crookston
<casey at thecrookstons.com> wrote:
> When attempting to insert into, update, or delete rows of an access
> database, I am able to do so on my local development server.  But when I
> upload to the production server, I get this error.  I checked permission on
> the database and set them accordingly, so I don't think that's the problem.
> I'm out of ideas.   Again... it works just fine on my local server.

Check to see if the folder that contains the database also has
read/write permissions for the machine user. This is needed because
access creates its fun little lock file (or whatever it is).

More info:
http://www.google.com/search?q=Operation+must+use+an+updateable+query

--
Matt Warden