[thelist] [PHP] Classes to ease creating admin areas

Mark Groen markgroen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 10:24:11 CST 2005

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 04:26:35 -0500, Patrick Mineault <> wrote:

> I'm searching for a set of classes that will make this stuff easier for
> me, that could:
>
> - generate a master table with delete/update/create new links
> - create AND update a database item on the same page
> - generate a form from a few parameters
> - validate forms
> - work with my own layout and css
> - be easy to customize

Most of us have aquired a number of classes that we keep in our
library for doing the above. As mentioned, you could write your own,
but why not at least get some inspiration from others? A nice class,
courtesy of Sam Powers, that allows you to insert, update, edit values
in a db was turned into a tute here:
http://www.devshed.com/c/a/MySQL/Dynamically-Insert-and-Update-values-in-a-MySQL-database-using-OOP

Then for forms, have a look at the code involved with phpFormGenerator
by Musawir Ali:
http://phpformgen.sourceforge.net/

Repeat as neccassary and in time, you too will have your own library
of customized classes to suit you and your coding style.

--
cheers,

             Mark

             MG Web Services
             www.mgwebservices.ca

Your Canadian West Coast web site development and hosting solution.