[thelist] IE Service Pack Updates v Full Browsers

Rosalie Sennett rsennett at brainlink.com
Sun Jan 2 09:07:28 CST 2005

IE and Windows Explorer are integrated in that they listen for each other
(Try entering c:\ into Firefox and you'll note that Windows Explorer doesn't
automatically open) in that if you make a reference to the file system in
the location bar in IE, Windows Explorer will open.

But they're not integrated in the sense that one requires the other.

Explorer.exe is responsible for more than just file browsing... the icons
and any interface that isn't shown in a Microsoft Management Console is
going to use some form of the explorer.exe functions.

rose

c:/dos
c:/dos/run
run/dos/run