[thelist] MS SQl help ASAP

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 14:48:50 CST 2005

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 15:40:57 -0500, Brian Cummiskey <Brian at hondaswap.com> wrote:
> MCollins at seminolecountyfl.gov wrote:
> > perhaps "isnumeric(PersonalIdentifier) = 0"?
>
> won't work 100%...
>
> abc123 and the such will skew the results.  tried that one already :p

Well then it is not clear what you are trying to do. Do you wish for
strings like 'abc123' to be included or excluded? Because it seems
like you are not actually looking for the opposite, can you give a
clearer idea of what you mean by the opposite of the original query?

By the way, I failed to mention before that you can pretty much always
just do this:

select * from blah
where NOT (blah = 1
and isnumeric(PersonalIdentifier) = 1)