[thelist] MS SQl help ASAP

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Wed Jan 5 05:43:02 CST 2005

This is a hack, but if 0-100 are valid responses, then

SELECT
	*
FROM
	Blah AS a
WHERE
	a.PersonalIdentified < 0
OR
	a.PersonalIdentifier > 100

might work.

But personally I you should have a different table schema. Store the freeform
text in another field, and have a set value (eg NULL) in your existing field
that indicates whether the free-text field should be used or not. Then you
can enforce a numeric data type on that field, and it'll make your queries a
lot easier.

Cheers
Ken