[thelist] Does HEAD requests show up in server logs?

Manuel González Noriega manuel.gonzalez.noriega at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 06:25:44 CST 2005

Hi,

I'm building a public aggregator and there's this idea I want to
experiment with: that every access to
my_aggregator/your_blog/your_post  issues a http HEAD request for
your_blog/your_post , so your access stats grow but your bandwith
isn't wasted.

What I need:

a) Confirmation that HEAD requests show up as page hits in server access logs
b) Opinion on the pseudo-philosofical issue that some one reading a
post by you in a public aggregator should be treated as one of you
readers stats-wise. I'm talking about full posts, not posts' entries.

TIA

--
Manuel
a veces :) a veces :(