[thelist] CSS layout help needed

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Sun Jan 9 09:02:18 CST 2005

Message from klute (1/8/2005 08:47 PM)
>hello all,
>
>I have a css problem which i am hope to get some help
>with. the issue is: if the right nav bar has more
>content than the main content area, its content gets
>pushed down over the footer. how would i resolve it?
>here is the problem in action:
>http://www.devbistro.com/wdf/

The rightbar div (and I would personally rethink this name to something
more indicative of the content it contains rather than where it appears on
screen, as it'd be kinda silly if you ever decided to redesign the site and
put this content on the left) is absolutely positioned, so it doesn't
affect the document flow.

The footer will position itself immediately after the normally positioned
body div. That's one of the consequences of haphazard use of absolute
positioning, I'm afraid. There are other ways to implement that layout that
don't rely on absolute positioning because really, it's not a very
complicated one.

Both Rosalie and myself posted useful links to better understand
positioning in your earlier thread titled "CSS expert opinion needed". Go
take a closer read.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/