[thelist] Prev & Next Links

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Tue Jan 11 14:29:04 CST 2005

Message from Trev (1/11/2005 03:15 PM)
>I wonder if someone can help me with a little problem?
>
>Well if I'm on page one I just want >> to display, if I'm on a page with
>results either side of it I want the "|" as a nice little seperator, but
>when I get to the last page I just want to display <<.

Don't know the specific PHP functions but here's basically what I'd do

1. Read data into an array.
2. Get upper boundary of array. (Lower boundary is 0)
3. If key=0 then print >>
4. If key=upperboundary then print <<

>if ($offset > $prev) {
>    echo "<a href=" . $PHP_SELF . "?offset=" . ($offset - $maxshow) . "
>class=\"ext\"><<</a> ";

Could it be that the hardcoded unescaped "<<" and ">>" is causing the problem?

How about &lt;&lt; and &gt;&gt;

Or there's the laquo and raquo characters - &#171; and &#187; respectively.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/