[thelist] running an exe file from coldfusion

Marianela Queme mqueme at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 10:46:37 CST 2005

Hi every one,

Need a little help with this:

I have a small coldfusion application that does the billing for the
company i work for.  Now this works perfectly it even generate the
bill to be printed out and all.  But the people from billing have been
working with quickbooks for a long time and would like to continue
working with it.

Now the application in CF is fine for them because it interacts with
all the data needed to bill a customer in our sql server.

So in order to keep people in billing happy i made a little
application in QWbasic.  it works fine.  it inserts the bill into
quickbooks and all.  now my problem is that this should be
transparent.  so When someone in billing comes and uses the CF
application and generates the bill the CF application should run this
little .exe in QWbasic to insert the bills into quickbooks.

now my question is Can i run the .exe from Coldfusion? and if so, How
can i do it?
Thanks in advance.

--
Marianela Queme