[thelist] Hardening a webserver

Ken Robinson kenrbnsn at rbnsn.com
Fri Jan 14 20:28:23 CST 2005

At 07:55 PM 1/14/2005, Scott Wolpow wrote:
>I thought it was a given being that I want security. I plan to use Linux,
>but can use anything that will work.
>Scott Wolpow

You say you want security? Talk to HP about using OpenVMS
<http://www.hp.com/go/openvms>.

You can run HP's Secure Web Server, based on Apache, PHP, MySQL, Perl. If a
hacker gets in, it's unlikely they would know what to do since VMS would be
completely foreign to them. Do you want high availability as well as very
good security. VMS has had clustering since 1984. VMS is very secure right
out of the box.

Ken Robinson