[thelist] MySQL Drivers on Win2K

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 23:43:44 CST 2005

Hi Michele,

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:45:44 -0500, Michele Foster (WizarDev)
<michele at wizardev.ca> wrote:
> I can't get my ASP pages to run locally under IIS (win2K) and access a
> remote database.  Both MySQL and SQL Server databases.  Though it is MySQL
> that I'm struggling to get working at the moment.  I suspect it has
> something to do with permissions on the IUSER_mymachine account that runs
> the ASP pages, but I've been unable to figure out how to fix it.

Are you certain that your mysql user has permissions to access the
database from your hostname? When a user is granted permissions on a
database (or tables or some other database object), it is specific to
a certain hostname, unless the hostname is the wildcard character. See
the GRANT syntax:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/GRANT.html

While I don't necessarily think this kind of error would result in the
message you are getting, it's the only shot in the dark I can provide.

If I were you, I would ask this list:
http://lists.mysql.com/myodbc

It might also help to see your connection string.

You might also try, when you create the system DSN to test, to click
the button that tests the connection (it has been a long time, but I
seem to remember there being one). That could help isolate the
problem.

You probably have come across these already, but just in case:
http://forums.devarticles.com/archive/t-4609
http://www.able-consulting.com/MDAC/ADO/Connection/ODBC_DSNLess.htm#ODBCDriverForMySQL

Let us know if you get it to work.

Thanks,