[thelist] Image Challenge System

sbeam sbeam at onsetcorps.net
Mon Jan 17 11:14:33 CST 2005

On Sunday 16 January 2005 11:24 pm, Russ wrote:
> I'm curious to know if anyone has utilized an Image Challenge System
in
> order to prevent SPAM from appearing in comments sections on websites.
>
> Just so I'm clear:  An image appears with some sort of warped/squiggly
> letters and numbers combinations and challenges the user to match that
> in a text field.  Success or failure dictates what happens next,
> obviously.
>
> Has anyone seen a 3rd part solution or a share/freeware solution out
> there and/or used one that they'd recommend?

What you are asking about is a image-based CAPTCHA system. I just did
this 2 weeks ago and did a writeup on it for some reason (slow day at
the office). Not a product, just sort of a DIY guide, maybe it will
help you get started. check it out at
http://onsetcorps.net/export_pub/141/Am+I+Bot+or+Not

your kind comments are appreciated ;)

cheers