[thelist] ANNOUNCE: Renovations to www.evolt.org - your chance to get involved

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Tue Jan 18 13:52:13 CST 2005

Hi all

After several years of sterling service by thelist's own Jeff Howden, we've decided to get
into our long-awaited rebuild of http://www.evolt.org using a new donor-supported
dedicated server and a new backend engine.

We've opted to use Drupal (http://drupal.org) as our new site engine for a range of
reasons too numerous to go into detail here.

The work has started.  And I'm asking for those of you who haven't been involved in the
organisation of evolt before to consider mucking in with us to get a new and improved
version of thesite up and running.

So if you have time to contribute (or are simply interested in following how we do things
like this), and especially if you have particular experience you can offer in any of the
following areas:

*  IA / Usability / Interface design
*  l33t design sk1llz [ahem] specifically in the realm of standards-based web building
*  PHP programming
*  Drupal theme and module development

...consider this an invitation to sign up to the other list where this is all going on.
It's called theforum, and you can sign up at the following address:

Welcome aboard...

Oh, and while I'm telling you about other evolt.org lists, let me also remind you that we
still operate our resolutely-off-topic social list, thechat.  What's on-topic here is
off-topic there, and vice-versa.

Efforts such as these, and all the lists, and the hosting of Eric Meyer's list css-d,
which I know many of you are also signed up to, are underwritten by evolt.org's extremely
generous donors.  If you've been helped by evolt.org's lists and your fellow members, and
if you're able to spare a few dollars/pounds/euros/pesos/etc, please visit the following
address where you can find details on how to donate to evolt.org and support the community
which supports you (also we have T-shirts. Woo):

	http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt

Replies to this message strictly OFF-list, please, else feel free to ask questions on
theforum.

Many thanks for your attention.

John Handelaar
on behalf of evolt.org