[thelist] Inserting dates and booleans into MS Access

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Wed Jan 19 07:27:11 CST 2005

[snip]
>     What is the date format that Access (you can look in the table
design
>     screen of Access) is expecting? And on the checkboxes, have you
>     echo'ed
>     out what they return to the screen so that you can see it? Have
you
>     echo'ed your query to the screen so that you can see it?

The date format within Access is actually left blank. I can see that
there are the options of: general data, long date, medium date, short
date, long time, medium time, short time.

Just by looking at it - medium date is closest to what I'm looking for.

I just tried it by doing:

strftime("%d-%b-%y", mktime($month,$day,$year));
// which returns 20-Jan-05 .. the medium date format required by Access

IT NOW WORKS. I didn't actually realise that I had to set the "format"
within Access, because the interface within Access leads you to believe
that you can enter any date in any format.
[/snip]

Now, what about the checkboxes?