[thelist] pc check/windows repair

Michael Pemberton evolt at mpember.net.au
Wed Jan 19 10:11:49 CST 2005

Dan McCullough wrote:
> I am looking for some software that could be used to check for
> problems on a disk or windows system.  Not virus scan or spyware, have
> enough of those.  But in the days of old they would have Dr Norton,
> and those types, any good ones out there?  Having problems with
> systems especially around Windows and Outlook Express and doing the
> "fixes" that Microsoft recommends isnt working.

You might find some great tools by see what poeople are using in their
BartPE setups.  BartPE is being used by many as the basis as a
swiss-army-knife CD that can troubleshoot lots of issues.

I use my CD almost daily to resolve everything from a locked NTFS file
through to troubleshooting hardware faults.

Main info/download site:
  http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/#download

Amazing resource for seeing what people are doing with their setups and
what applications they use:
  http://www.911cd.net/forums/index.php?c=8 <- greta

--
Michael Pemberton