[thelist] Re: How do you work with other web designers?

Adam Pearson addon at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jan 20 04:09:59 CST 2005

Diane

A further note - I have been in industry for 40 years and know that projects
are (say) 10% design, 10% process/technique and 80% "people stuff".  An
excellent technical book on cooperation is "The Evolution of Cooperation" by
Robert Axelrod; he illustrates a lot of his ideas with a computer game.  I
have read it as a non-technical reader and it all makes excellent sense.  I
like his comment: "For cooperation to prove stable, the future must have a
sufficiently long shadow."  That is, if peoples' futures are tied together
for sufficiently long, they will see cooperation as their best course (often
without thinking about it).

Sorry to rave on, it is a pet topic of mine, hope it has some relevance,
apologies if I am way off the mark! :-)

Adam

The bppk is available at Amazon at
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0465021212/qid=1106215677/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/103-7642248-2501434